Saturday, September 3, 2011

First High Fire Glaze Kiln Opening


Hey Yall-
What a fun time my family and I had opening up the kiln and taking the pots out. I had invited my mom and dad to come and my mom invited my aunt to come watch. I was going to edit out alot of the talking, ooo's and ahh's but I wouldn't have been able to show some of my pots.


All of the glazes you see on my ware were created using Laguna glazes cone 5. I think for my first time, they turned out great! I'm going to start doing some test strips shortly so I can see how they look. Maybe I will do a one time firing to see how that looks as well :)

You'd never know in this video that I am running late for a show we were doing. My kiln wasn't ready to open until about 1 1/2 hours before the show, so I didn't really know if I had something to sell or not. Luckily I did, and I was so blessed to make a few sales while I was there. Here are some pics of the booth and my pottery. We also had our Infinity Signs business setup in order to make decals.










  
























If you care to see more of the pots which came from this kiln load, please friend me on facebook. You can find me listed as Muditis Potteryandgifts. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment