Friday, May 6, 2016

Update on Muditis Pottery

Update on Muditis Pottery (timeline)

It's been a long time since I have written in my blog. So many things have happened since then. I want to keep this as brief as possible, so this is an outline of where I've been :)

Dec 2013 was the last firing I did and it wasn't so great. I had tried some Amaco Velvet Underglazes on my leaf mugs in this load and when they came out, the leaves were dark with some black in them like the UG's had burn't out or something. I was so discouraged. Mainly, because my family had been here just a little more than a year and we were about to starve to death. Nothing seemed to go as I had planned when we moved here. I had done the Farmer's Market about 30 minutes away. The town was poor sorta like my hometown back in SC and people weren't buying. I had built my hopes up so much to be able to sell my wares, but it didn't happen like that.

My next endeavor was the Flea Market. I even took my wheel in there and threw some stuff so others could watch me. However the foot traffic wasn't enough and I didn't sell enough there either.

So when my last kiln load wasn't what I expected and things were going downhill anyway, I decided I needed to do something else to help us eat. And then .. came the Extreme Couponing. One particular day I told my husband we were going to have to swallow our pride and visit the local food pantry. I had never had to do this. I cried and cried but I had an underage child in my home and I wasn't about to make him do without. However, my husband mentioned to two friends of ours that we needed the pantry addresses and they sent us the addresses via FB. When our friend gave me the addresses, I expressed how I hated to have to go there. She asked what we needed and I told her meat! I'll never forget it, her and another lady from the church brought us food that day.

I never ended up going to the pantry. The next week I was invited to a coupon class by a friend of mine I had known for a long time. We went and I went crazy for couponing. It now only allowed us to buy stuff for free, but at a much lower cost and... I got to do something I had wanted to do ever since I moved to TN and that was, "Give back". I thought about the times when my house was burned in 2009 and the boy/girl scouts went door to door and collected food for us and how I wanted to give back so badly. So I joined a Pay it Forward group in the same town that Farmer's Market was in.

It wasn't long and after this, I was going through a hard time with our house back in SC. (if you don't know this story, we probably aren't close friends) . Instead of sitting here depressed, I decided to go on Youtube to find videos I could laugh at. There, I would find a girl coming out of a dumpster, with the store manager catching her. I laughed so hard I wet my pants!! So when we were in town the next time, I asked my husband to pull around to one of the corporate stores and let me have a look. However I had him go look. Long story short, that day I became a dumpster diver (no I don't get in).  That day, we pulled out a 400.00 jewelry box that stood up. I think they call those a jewelry armoire. I was hooked needless to say. It was brand new, the packing was still in and no broken glass mirrors on the outside. Needless to say, I was hooked from that day forward.

After this, I learned to sell on Ebay. Designed a line of shirts which are very popular today and we sell alot of them. Yea, G-d did supply my every need. Although I gave up my pottery for a time, I feel so blessed G-d allowed me to find these adventures and he took care of us. Because of this trial, and because he truly took care of us, I know I don't have to worry about how I will make it because he will continue to provide as he has.

I'm back in the pottery... I'm happy to be in there now. I just completed my first job. I'll be posting the results of that job. I appreciate you reading my update. Hope you will join me on my Youtube channel www.youtube.com/muditispottery or you can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/muditispottery .  


No comments:

Post a Comment